D&D routinely act on complex, multi-jurisdictional corruption matters. Our crossfunctional experience gives us expertise in working through our different working groups, and the groups work closely together. This is important because corruption investigations are usually cross-functional and, because different disciplines have different regulatory regimes, and do not treat issues such as privacy, data protection, employee protection and privilege in the same way. Consequently, our lawyers are able to provide clients with well-rounded and insightful advice that addresses local issues as well as the risks to a global business that arise from cross-border investigations. We can credibly present this analysis to regulators across jurisdictions to protect our clients’ positions..
We have a track record of handling significant, high-profile bribery and corruption issues including: assisting with policies and procedures; risk management; handling investigations; and defence. We also regularly conduct due diligence into, and advise on strategies to deal with, foreign agents or intermediaries and mergers and acquisitions/joint venture targets.
Our major bribery and corruption practice includes cases encompassing:
- Due diligence over targets for M&A and Joint Venture
- Bribing in public procurement, bidding and tender
- Unauthorized / corrupt transactions by agents and correspondents
- Corruption among employees at private enterprises
- Statutory whistleblowing protections, requirements and best practice
- Money Laundering issues, terrorist financing and reporting entity obligations