The corporate section is the single largest practice in the firm. Doulah & Doulah possesses market leading practice in this sector and involves in most complex corporate matters in Bangladesh. The firm has established itself as a specialist in negotiating Joint Ventures and relevant documentation.
The firm advises on straightforward registrations, incorporation, contractual matters and uncomplicated ventures through to complex investment projects, finance, M&A, divestment, demerger and corporate restructurings.
Some recent important projects the firm has worked on in Bangladesh include:
- Manufacturing Sector: Whirlpool, USA - Home appliance Manufacturing Project under joint venture
- Manufacturing Sector: PepsiCo, USA - Food Product Manufacturing Project under joint venture
- Manufacturing Sector: Double Star, PRC - Tire Manufacturing Project
- Manufacturing Sector: Lixil, Japan - Sanitary-ware Manufacturing Project under Joint Venture
- Manufacturing Sector: PEB Steel, Vietnam - steel manufacturing Project
- Manufacturing Sector: Hanzee, Korea - paper manufacturing plant at export processing zone
- Manufacturing Sector: LG, Korea - SKD Plant under a joint venture
- Manufacturing Sector: Hisense, PRC - SKD Plant under a joint venture
- Manufacturing Sector: Baleno, UAE - Garments Manufacturing plant
- Manufacturing Sector: Maxim, PRC - Garments Accessories Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Sector: Hatero, UAE - Cancer production under joint venture
- Manufacturing Sector: AB Foods, UK – Health drink manufacturing Industry
- Service Sector Sector: Nokia, Finland - Service center
- Service Sector Sector: Gates Foundation, USA – large investment in Mobile Banking
- Service Sector: Sinopec, PRC - petroleum service sector
- Service Sector: Logistics & freight forwarding
- Service Sector: Petrostar, PRC - petroleum service sector
In addition, the firm also acts in FDIs in form of mergers & acquisitions, public private parnership and in other forms. Please click below to see details.